Senior Associate – Dispute Resolution
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and driven Commercial and Civil Litigator to join the team at Samuel Phillips Law.
This role is ideally suited to a commercially minded and ambitious legal professional with a minimum of 4 years PQE. The successful candidate will very much have the autonomy to make this role their own and further develop the dispute resolution service offering at Samuel Phillips Law.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be personable, confident and an articulate communicator.
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills with a view to building on existing management experience.
• Able to build strong, valuable, and long-lasting relationships with clients.
• Be a team player.
• Be passionate and innovative.
• Have excellent client care skills and a can-do attitude.
• Have a sound knowledge of all areas of law within the practice in order to refer appropriate clients and to work collaboratively with colleagues.
• Be able to comfortably run their own caseload with a broad range of client matters.
• Be able to work towards and achieve set targets and KPI’s.
• Be able to conduct their own advocacy.
• Possess excellent planning and organisational skills.
• Have the confidence to up-sell, on-sell and cross-sell services.
• Have strong attention to detail.
• Be proficient in the use of MS Office and CMS.
• Be a confident and effective networker.
The role will be integral to the success of the business and the development of those who aspire to progress through the firm. You will be expected to act as an ambassador for the firm and a mentor and role model to those who you work alongside, whilst supporting the Partners and CEO by strengthening and expanding the firm in line with the ambition to be best in class.
The day-to-day role will involve independently managing an active caseload of fast and multi-track commercial and civil litigation cases, including company and shareholder disputes, property disputes, contentious probate and negligence. An up to date working knowledge of the civil procedure rules and the litigation process is essential.
In addition to the day-to-day responsibilities of being a Solicitor, this Senior Associate role has other responsibilities and objectives to support the CEO and Partners in the work that they do:
• Responsibility for the development and success of the Dispute Resolution team.
• Supporting the Partners to oversee and contribute to the strategic direction of the firm.
• Drafting and delivery of the departmental business plan including departmental strategy, budgets and targets.
• Ensure financial control of the department, including billing and fee recovery.
• Supervision, mentoring and support to the Dispute Resolution team and wider firm.
• Training of and guidance provided to junior members of the firm.
• Contribute to monthly department meetings.
• Debt management.
• Become an effective role model, coach and mentor.
• Work closely with the CEO and Group Marketing Manager to support the Business Development and Marketing Strategy.
• Raise your profile and make connections to build powerful networks to feed the firm as well as your own department.
• Develop your own skills to become a lawyer marketer, to sell not only yourself but others.
• Target quality clients and quality work.
• Work collaboratively with others (both internally and externally) to create opportunities.
• Contribute to and support the business development culture within the firm.
• Support and grow the dispute resolution offering.
Management and Development of the Firm
• Promote good ethics and high standards in regard to quality and compliance.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of SRA regulations and code of ethics and understand the impact of changes within the industry on the firm.
• Attend and participate in meetings with Heads of Department, CEO and Partners;
• Provide support and advice to the CEO and Partners regarding strategy, complaints and claims.
• To work and behave in a professional manner and within the highest ethical standards of the profession.
• To promote and embrace Equality and Diversity across the firm and within the business communities we engage with.
To apply for this role, please send your current CV and a covering letter to Claire Fenwick, via firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday 1st December at noon.