Legal Cashier Vacancy
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Legal Cashier to join our busy Accounts Hub at Samuel Phillips Law on Grey Street in the heart of Newcastle upon Tyne!
This is a permanent position with full-time hours, Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 17:00.
• Process bank reconciliations
• Update and maintain cash flow forecast
• Sales and purchase ledger input and reconciliation
• Company credit card postings
• Online bank payments
• Input HMLR/HMCTS invoices
• Prepare weekly payment runs
• Process Legal Aid
• Petty cash input/reconciliation
• VAT Returns
• Supplier statement reconciliation
• Residual client balances
• General ledger queries
The ideal candidate will:
• Be an experienced Legal Cashier
• Have knowledge the Solicitors Accounts Rules;
• Have excellent IT skills including Outlook, Word, use of CMS, and Excel if possible;
• Experience of Leap and Xero would be desirable but not essential.
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Be able to work well under pressure;
• Have a willingness to adapt;
• Be someone who works well within a team environment;
• Have at least 5 GCSEs A-C grades including in English and Maths
To apply for this role, please forward your CV and a covering note to Amy Fenwick by email email@example.com.