Samuel Phillips Law is a well established, respected and progressive law firm with offices on the very vibrant and historic Grey Street in Newcastle Upon Tyne and in Sunderland at the North East Business and Innovation Centre.
We are looking for a 2 Residential Property Solicitors, one to join the firm’s Newcastle office and the other to operate from our Sunderland office to provide a first-class service to our clients and third parties.
- 1 – 3 years PQE working in a conveyancing role;
- Experience of handling a case load with minimum supervision
- Thorough knowledge of residential conveyancing processes and associated law including; freehold and leasehold sales and purchases, remortgages and transfer of equity;
- Experience of dealing with Help to Buy Mortgages and ISA’s;
- Excellent client care;
- Excellent IT skills and proficient in the use of MS Office and CMS,
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent telephone manner;
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and use initiative;
- The ability to work well under pressure and work efficiently to meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Good team player.
- The ability to handle a case load of 80 files;
- Experience in post completion;
- Experience in new builds;
- Experience of Leap and Perfect Portal would be advantageous.
- To run and manage a varied residential property caseload, including new build purchases;
- Dealing with file related queries either face to face, via email or by telephone;
- Processing property matters on a timely and cost effective basis;
- Verifying client identification in accordance with the firm’s Money Laundering Policy and protocol;
- To ensure that clients are dealt with efficiently and politely and that appropriate legal matters are raised with the Head of Department as appropriate;
- To attend to clients, taking instructions, and conducting letter and telephone enquiries as necessary;
- To use the correct Practice procedures and systems in order to manage cases effectively and in accordance with the firm’s standards and legal requirements;
- To improve and enhance the firm’s client base by effective liaison with existing clients and introducers;
- To maximize the firm’s potential to cross-sell services by identifying appropriate opportunities;
- To manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision;
- To ensure our clients and third party referrers and contacts receive the best possible service at all times.
- To work and behave in a professional manner;
- To adhere to the policies, procedures and protocols within the Quality Procedures Manual;
- To promote and embrace Equality and Diversity across the firm and within the business communities we engage with.
To register your interest in either role, please send your CV to Claire Fenwick via firstname.lastname@example.org.