Search our website

Type in the box below to search the website. Need help? Please contact us.

Samuel Phillips Law Blog

Tag: Court Bailiff

Family Law

What happens when my spouse refuses to divorce me?

A common problem within divorce proceedings is that one party simply refuses to cooperate and ignores the divorce petition. If you anticipate that your spouse will hold up the divorce proceedings or refuse to cooperate, it would be unwise to base your divorce petition on 2 years separation or adultery - which both require your spouse’s active involvement to progress the divorce.

Join our newsletter

Get free tips and advice and stay up to date with legal news by joining our newsletter!

Important notice

We have been informed that emails have been sent misusing the name of Samuel Phillips Law.

The emails were sent from the domain The emails ask the recipients to transfer funds in relation to conveyancing matters to a bank account which is not associated with Samuel Phillips Law, the genuine firm.

Any business or transactions through the domain ‘’ is not undertaken by an individual or firm of solicitors authorised and regulated by the SRA.

Close this message