Search our website

Type in the box below to search the website. Need help? Please contact us.

Samuel Phillips Law Blog

Tag: Reconciliation

Family Law

What happens if I get back together with my spouse – can the divorce be stopped?

If you and your spouse reconcile at any time, even after the pronouncement of Decree Nisi (but before Decree Absolute) you can ask the court to cancel the Decree Nisi and dismiss the Petition. If you have a solicitor acting for you, make sure you inform them straightaway that you wish to stop the divorce.

Join our newsletter

Get free tips and advice and stay up to date with legal news by joining our newsletter!